Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Barbeque

Sleep Journal #8
7/17/13

I haven’t really been sleeping well and don’t feel like writing about it.

I did get up for my spinning class this morning. That’s twice this week so far I’ve made it to the gym, Monday and today.

I woke up at 4am to my alarm. Got out of bed. Turned off the alarm. Reset it for 5:30. Went pee, and then went back to bed. And for like 45 minutes I’m thinking how much I need this extra hour and a half of sleep. Tossing and turning. Keeping cat tail out of my nose. Rolling on my side. Thinking how I really ought to get to that spinning class. And I think I might have even dozed off for a bit.

Thinking about how I didn’t need to pack a lunch because we’re having barbeque today at work. How I already had my bag packed from last night. How easy it would be to just get up and go to spin class. But how I really needed this sleep.

Going to bed too late at night. Kids of summer sleep schedules. Daytime hours stretching on. Lots of play in the street until after 9pm most nights.

And then I got up. It was a quarter to 5. After all that I think I rolled around thinking for 45 minutes. Maybe got a little sleep, but nothing substantial.

So I put some clothes on, made my way downstairs, turned on the coffee pot, and left for spin class by about 5am.

Made it to spin, too. With 10 minutes to spare. Derek’s wife was instructing.

Had a good sweat. And then got to work for my shower, 10 minutes to 7.

It’s been okay here at work. Bob’s in Fayetteville. But now after this barbeque I am ready for a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment