Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Sleep Journal #’s 4, 4-1/2, and 5


3 July 2013

Wasted no time trying to get up for the gym, spin class, body pump, didn’t matter, sleep was definitely more important last night, and after fireworks, and putting the kids to bed at a reasonable 4th of July time, 10 o’clock, and even watching a documentary called “Oh, Saigon” – about returning to Vietnam 25 years after the fall of Saigon, Ho Chi Minh City – then watching the beginnings of a documentary with my wife about a kid from San Francsico in the 1960’s who was in a drug film and whatever happened to him, gotta love the Netflix, I went to bed at about 11:30, waking up to my alarm at 5:30, a good 6 hours of sleep, the doctors in the Obamacare would be shocked, shocked I say, to learn that 6 hours of sleep was enough for me, in fact my cat woke me up even before that, pawing my forehead and tickling my nose, letting me know he was okay but that he could use some loving, and then letting me get back to sleep, gently drifting off until the alarm did finally wake me up, refreshed and ready for the day …

 

 

7/8/13
 
Monday after the 4th of July, nice long 4-day weekend.
 
I set my alarm for 5:30, fully intending to skip the spinning class. I needed sleep. I didn’t get to bed until 11 or 11:30. That would give me a nice 6 hours of sleep.
 
Instead, Jake the Cat jumps on my head at 4 in the morning. Telling me in plain English, get up fat-ass. That stationary bicycle isn’t going to spin itself. (Paw, paw.) Get up. It’s my turn to snuggle with mom. Come on fat-ass, you got some work to do. It’s a brand new week.

And then by then I couldn’t get back to sleep. I was awake.

So I got out of bed, put in my contacts, and read an article about some guy in Hawaii who kicked the asses of out-of-towners who wanted to surf his beaches, but now had a personal mission against Monsanto.

So … I went to spin class, worked my you-know-what off. Now I’m ready to go back to bed.

 

 

7/9/13

Set alarm for 5:30. Needed to skip weight lifting this morning. Need sleep, more important than bodybuilding. Went to bed too late last night. Like 11:30 or so. Too difficult to get to sleep early with the sun high until after 9PM … so, once again cat wakes me up at 4AM. Meow. He needs to cuddle with mom. And I’m in the way. So I just scootched over to the side to let the cat spoon with my wife. No biggie. I’m not jealous. He’s getting old and his days are numbered. Plus I’m just lucky I get to share the bed with those two. Fell back asleep for an hour and a half. Got nice sleep until 5:30 when alarm woke me up. Dreamed of Pat again. He was with Katy, they were watching tv or something and I was communicating with them from outside on front porch. Through screen window. Pat was lying down watching tv on floor, Katy was on couch behind him. Someone else was there too. Pat was wearing shorts. I remember his white legs. Details from dreams, funny. I said to him they (someone) was holding open auditions to a production on Two Gentlemen of Verona. Shakespeare. He should audition for the part of Mercurtio. He knew all about it, of course. But I don’t think he was going to do the audition. Don’t know why, just had a hunch. You know, when you’ve got that feeling. It’s not going to happen, don’t need the rejection. Something like that. Maybe its beneath him. Then I woke up. Surprised I remember all that. That was like three hours ago, its like 8:30 Tuesday morning as I write this.
 
That is all for now.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment